Sunday, September 14, 2008

Afghans for Afghans needs kid knits

This is the start of a child's size 8 sweater in Lion Brand Wool, Cadet blue, with two stripes of Lion Brand Prints, Mountain colorway, which I had left from another project. This little gem is going to the Afghans for Afghans Youth Campaign, so I have until October 14 to have it finished and shipped to the collection center in San Francisco.

The current campaign is asking for kids sweaters, socks, mittens, and hats -- though the website says that the organization asking for items gets a lot more hats than anything else, and they really need sweaters. Items need to be 100% wool or other animal fiber (like llama wool, which, being a hollow hair, is even warmer than sheep wool). The clothing is for kids who have next to nothing, and are outdoors a great deal in the Afghan winter.

I knitted two baby afghans for earlier campaigns this year, so I think I can whip out a worsted-weight sweater in time.

1 comment:

El Notable said...

I think it is great you are knitting for a good cause. Kudos!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online