Monday, September 29, 2008

The A4A sweater: knitting accomplished

The knitting for the Afghans for Afghans Youth Campaign sweater is done. Here 'tis yesterday before the neck was knit up, but all the other parts were done. The shoulders are joined with a three-needle bind-off, then I washed and blocked the front and back. The sleeves I washed and blocked on the needles after completing them, and knit off the sleeves onto the body using a technique illustrated in Finishing Techniques for Hand Knitters: Give Your Knitting that Professional Look by Sharon Brant.

The original pattern was a Boy's Fair Isle Sweater on the Caron International site. Instead of the Fair Isle pattern, I made stripes of variegated yarn that I had left from an earlier project.

Last night, after I took the picture, I picked up and knit the stitches around the neck, and all there is left to do is the side seams.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online