Sunday, July 3, 2011

Tour de Fleece Day 2: Of War and Fleece

That would be the proper theme for today, since I spent the morning at the Civil War re-enactment (a sad morning for the Union, alas, but then they probably should have thought better of attacking twice their own number):


And then spent the afternoon with the spinning group. While daddies and doggies and daughters romped together:


the spinning carried on. Laurie got her first lessons on her Ashford.


Betsey and Helen made good progress:


And Steph spun and spun on her Ashford as well:


Katie shows of a stack of silk hankies dyed... mmmmm... luscious purple:


I'm on my second bobbin of my 4 ounces of dyed alpaca, about halfway through now and chugging along.

1 comment:

sara said...

I don't spin, but I always look forward to the Tour de Fleece so I can gawk at spinning. I love the colors you have in yours. Looks like a fun time was had by all...except maybe dad. He looks a bit outnumbered! lol

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online