Friday, July 23, 2010

Tour de Fleece Day 21: Plying, combing

That nasty fleece? It dried out to -- well, not quite clean, but a whole lot cleaner. I'd already cleaned and combed out a small piece, yielding about half an ounce of fiber. A lot of work for a mere half-ounce, and about half of what I washed two days ago yielded another 3/4 of an ounce:

I'm not sure how those teeny little locks are going to spin, but I'll give it a try. I need 2 ounces for a sample to enter in the state fair, so I'll need to comb out another 3/4 of an ounce.

Also used the ball winder to made a center-pull ball of the qiviut single, and I've been carefully plying from both ends. A bit of a trick. Would have been a lot easier if I'd wound the ball the other direction -- the direction I was plying it so the outside end would come off in the right direction. Now I know.

Just about done, and I still have a little time to finish it tonight.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online