They are done!
The Spiraling Coriolis socks from Cat Bordhi's New Pathways for Sock Knitters are done! In these pictures you can almost see the spiral, but mostly you see the Berroco Sox self-patterning yarn. What you can't see is that I ripped out the heel on the second sock twice because I kept messing up. The first time I forgot to add the extra "wing" stitches before starting the heel. The second time I put the heel on the wrong side, so the spiral went under the sole of the foot. The third time I put my Turkish Eye bead stitch markers on the needles to ward off the evil eye, and knit merrily up the heel.
I had my doubts about the Berroco Sox. It was kind of coarse and scratchy, but I thought perhaps it was due to excess dye from the pattern stamping process. Indeed, when I washed the finished socks (after tacking down one dropped stitch on each -- shhh, no one will notice), a whole lot of excess dye came out in the wash and the socks softened right up.
Hanging out to dry, my fancy new socks!