Sunday, August 30, 2009

Blue Ribbon Socks!

Way back in July I finished these Dragon Breath socks out of Malabrigo in Persian colorway:

Last month our knitting group started talking about entering our knitting in the state and county fairs, after seeing what a dearth of knitting was entered back in July in the county fair. I didn't have a whole lot of different things finished, but I figured I could save my Malabrigo socks for the fair enter those at least.

I just got back from my Bend excursion and Helen (BlueDragon on Ravelry) called from the Oregon State Fairgrounds to say that my socks won a blue ribbon! Hoorah! I haven't been to the fair yet, so all I have is this picture she sent via her iPhone:

If you peer past the glare on the glass, you can kinda see them. I put them on sock blockers to show off the pattern better. Wonder if that helped? It does make them display nicely in the case.

Years ago I used to enter things in the State Fair. Sometimes there was an entry fee, sometimes not, some years winners got a few dollars in cash, some years not. I thought it'd be a hoot to give it a go again. Blue ribbon on the first try!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Congratulations!! I'll be looking for them when I go on Wednesday. :)

Helen said...

This was actually the best of several pictures I took. Where the case is located there is a lot of glare from all directions, so very hard to get a clear picture. But a blue ribbon - so cool! Congratulations!

Bluedragon

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

YAY!! Congratulations! That's so exciting!! :D

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! A Blue Ribbon for Blue socks! :) They look great.

Anonymous said...

saw your socks at the fair, gorgeous, congrats !! I'm with you on the healthcare issue, we have to do something!! It may not be perfect but it is a start, we are all a budget cut away from finding ourselves in the same boat. thanks , barb

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online