Thursday, July 4, 2013

Tour de Fleece, Day 6

A fair start on the second bobbin of merino-silk blend, while the fireworks go off all around me:


Not bad, considering that much of today was occupied by trying to get my poor, frightened, runaway kitty out from under the front porch. That's where I found her when I got up at 4:30 this morning (couldn't sleep) and went looking for her. She was wedged waaay under the porch, so I don't know if she just found her way home that night, or if she's been squished under there the whole time. I pushed breakfast under there, then set up a live trap (if I'd been thinking, I would have put breakfast IN the trap, but I knew she must be starving so comforting her with food was my first thought). I lined the trap with the fleece from her window hammock, which she's kneaded until it's full of holes and full of her paw scent, and covered it with a blanket from the couch. It wasn't until after we walked up to the store for milk, around dinner time, that she walked into the trap -- while we were out, the little stinker. A moment of terror while I lifted the trap and took it in, and then she was out like a shot and under the bed -- but out again not long after, exploring the house, happy to be home.

Here's Sprocket, my little runaway:


No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online