Saturday, June 29, 2013

Tour de Fleece 2013, Day 1

Hoorah, it's time again for Tour de Fleece! Let's see, I'm on three wildcard teams and three official teams -- sound like enough?

I decided my theme this year would be "sweater quantities." I have about a pound of each of these:


and I'm going to try to get through TWO of them, enough for two sweaters. From the top left, two 8 oz bags of merino/silk blend (actually one is 8.5 and the other 9.5, so more than a pound), a 16 oz braid of hand-dyed merino superwash, a 16 oz bag of charcoal merino top, and two 8 oz bags of natural black Welsh. I decided to start with the merino/silk, and see where I go from there.


My knitting group had a TdF kickoff party today, with five wheels and two spindles present, and passersby looking to see what the heck we were doing. In three hours time I got through about 1.5 ounces of my merino/silk blend:


It's a good start!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online