Sunday, March 25, 2012

FO: It only took two years...

At last, after a long time-out, my Sailor's Delight socks from the 2-at-a-Time Socks book are finished!


I gave the 2-at-a-time method a good go, but I kept going around both socks with the same yarn too many times and finally lost patience. I put the socks onto DPNs and still worked them two at a time... just not quite at the same time. I finished the leg on one, then the leg on the other, the heel flap on one, the heel flap on the other, and so on. I'd done the same working from a hand-dyed sock blank, so the method was familiar, and still no second sock syndrome to deal with.

I love how the colors spiral around the legs. Alas, they broke into weird pooling on the feet. The two balls in the same colorway and dyelot are slightly different shades. But... they're DONE at long last!

2 comments:

Carol E. said...

They are lovely. I have yet to finish my first sock, started about a year ago.

lunaticraft said...

Lovely! I always admire those who have the patience to knit socks. I've tried several times and just cannot get into it, no matter how beautiful/cozy I know they will be.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online