Monday, January 9, 2012

Last FO of 2011

Sometimes it takes a while to get the project photographed, the photos off of the camera, and then put them out where others can see them, but... finally, here is the last FO of last year:


The pattern is Silk Shimmer Scarf, which came free with a skein of Silk Shimmer yarn from Blue Ridge Yarns. It's 100% silk in DK weight, soft and luscious.

Hard to get the colors just right in a photo, but that's pretty darn close. The pattern is a simple knit-purl texture that produces a twill look.

Now, what will the first FO of 2012 be? Here are the current contenders:

First up is the Vest in a Jiffy pattern from Lion Brand Yarns, done in the Eco+ wool that I had left from my Iced cardigan. I'm making this for someone at the Pine Ridge Reservation, as part of a campaign by the For the Children of Pine Ridge group on Ravelry. With harsh South Dakota winters to contend with, and an 80% unemployment rate, the people of Pine Ridge need all the help they can get.


Next up, is a Morgan hat for me, which will be an English driving cap style of hat, done in Lorna's Laces Swirl DK that I got in a swap:


Back from a long time-out is a pair of Sailor's Delight socks, a pattern in 2-At-A-Time Socks by Melissa Morgan-Oakes. The two-at-a-time on circulars thing wasn't working for me. I kept going around both socks with the same yarn and got so frustrated that I set them aside. I guess I'm a DPN gal all the way. After I put both socks on DPNs, they've sped right along.


And I'm taking a stab at knitting mitts straight from silk hankies without spinning. It's taking a bit to figure out how much -- or rather, how little -- to draft out the hankies. The mitts are soft, but started out pretty floppy, and my laddering is awfully obvious.


Have I had a touch of start-itis? Why, yes, I have, in spite of my good resolutions, but hey, I'm being good and trying to finish at least one project that's been on the needles for a long time.

2 comments:

lunaticraft said...

Looks like it's gonna be a productive year! Loving the scarf, and can't wait to see the finished products!

Nikki said...

I love the Silk Shimmer scarf and the socks! They are gorgeous.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online