- Never stop in the middle of a row. Always, always finish the row before you set down your knitting!
- Never store your knitting for long on the needles. Always put the live stitches on a holder!
- Never start a project without making, washing, and blocking a swatch. Do not scrimp on the swatch! Do not skip the washing and blocking of the swatch! In fact, do several swatches!
- Never under any circumstances join a new yarn in the middle of a row. Never! Always join at the ends of a row!
- When knitting in two colors, always carry floaters loosely across the back of the work. Never weave them in as you go! The color might happen to peek through!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Absolute unassailable knitting rules
All hail the absolute rules of knitting!