Thursday, November 4, 2010

Knitters -- they are everywhere.

So yesterday I flew from Oregon to Fort Myers, Florida -- about as far from home as I can go in the continental US -- for a research conference. I had knitting with me, among other amusements, and on the second leg of the flight, after catching a little nap, I turned on an audibook on my iPod and pulled out my knitting.

The woman in the window seat pulled out her knitting.

After the drinks cart came by, the woman on the aisle seat asked, "What kind of wool are you using?" and pulled out her knitting, which happened to be some of my handspun (edit: I mean -- I was using my handspun, wow, that's what happens when I blog late at night), we got into a conversation about knitting and spinning.

So what were the odds that all three women seated together would be knitters? We're everywhere, I'm tellin' ya! Knitters RULE!

5 comments:

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

That's SO COOL! What a great flight to be on! And the fact that she happened to have YOUR yarn??

Karen said...

Oops -- I meant to say that I was using my own handspun, not that she was. Wow, I shouldn't blog that late at night.

Crafty Mama said...

That's right, knitters rule. KNITTY POWER!! :)

Katie said...

One of us! One of us! ;)

Melissa said...

Love this! It hasn't happened to me yet, but I'll be on seven different planes over the holidays. (Flying from Bend to Hendersonville NC - many plane changes!)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online