Saturday, August 14, 2010

Rather late for cherries...

...but not too late to spin up the BFL in Cherry Ripe colorway that came all the way from England:

I started on this during Tour de Fleece, and got a little way into the sherbet-colored mass. But spinning it down fine enough to make a 3-ply lace weight takes just a leeeetle time, does it not? There's something about spinning wool down to thread to make you feel invincible, like you can do anything (until, of course, you try to spin something thicker and can't any more, which is all it takes to make you feel like a schmuck again).

So it wasn't until recently that I got through all 4 ounces. Believe it or not, there's over a mile of spun wool on that bobbin.

And I know 'cause when I chain-plied it, I ended up with just over 500 yards of plied yarn.

Not too bad, huh? I'm still trying to get the color right on this. The digital camera picks up either a little too much yellow or a little too much blue.


I'm thinking about something like Annis for this yarn, and I've got just the pink cashmere pullover to go with it.

Want to see what else the cute little critter who dyed this wool is making? Pop over to The Princess Rooms on Etsy and look for Elianna's special sections.

1 comment:

lunaticraft said...

Beautiful! Plying that must have been quite the task!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online