Friday, February 19, 2010

I haven't vanished -- just been in training...

...for the 2010 Ravelympics! Crazy Ravelry folks from around the world are competing with their favorite teams (and the plural form can hold true for individuals, if one is entirely mental, present company included), knitting like gangbusters to complete their pledged projects before the winter games in Vancouver B.C. come to a close.

First project on my list, for Team Ivory Tower (go Eggheads!), is now officially complete since I stopped to buy a glass button on the way home and stitched it on. It's the Spiral Cowl from Knitty Gritty Thoughts, done in Manos del Uruguay, Violets colorway, that I had left from a project completed some time ago, perfect for the Stash Compulsory Dance event. A pretty quick knit, with a pattern that you can memorize by the end of the first round.

Next up, Fetching mitts for Team Rose and Ram, the local yarn store team. Not the most original choice, since it's THE number one most popular pattern on Ravelry. But hey, I wanted some mitts, I had the yarn in my stash just waiting for a good project, and it looks like a quick knit.

On with the games! KNIT two three four, KNIT two three four!

1 comment:

Lina said...

The cowl looks great! Good luck with your other project... I'm on project #2 as well. :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online