I'm lovin' this Malabrigo sock yarn. Very soft, and the smoky teal/bronze colorway so suits this pattern.
Now, for yarny news from the cyberworld, here are a handful of interesting finds:
- Bogus yarn a threat to the U.S. textile industry? When South American textile mills stopped buying yarn from a U.S. company because they could get "U.S." yarns cheaper from a different company, alarm bells went off. Turns out the cheap "U.S." company is a phoney front for yarn spinning mills in China and Pakistan. Foul!
- Ever thought of knitting a wedding dress? I can't say I had, but the results are gorgeous!
- Petite Purls has its summer patterns up. Lots of cute knits for the young 'uns.
- Have you seen the 3-50 project for keeping locally-owned businesses alive and well? Yet another good excuse to go shopping at your local yarn store!
- Here's an interesting research article on blogger ethics. Some unspoken rules seem to permeate the blogosphere.