Saturday, July 11, 2009

New project, and more weekend finds

It's blue, it's purple, it's Blurple, some lovely merino sock yarn I got from Stephania who runs Three Fates Knitting on Etsy. Now that the Dragon Breath socks are done, I cast on these using the Brainless sock pattern from Yarnissima.

I'm still waiting for the part where it becomes "brainless." The sock looks simple enough, but the pattern is making me feel brainless! Once I figure out what's going on in each section I can usually carry on from there, but it's getting from section to section where I'm going, "What? Um, where? How?"

Still, I only started these last weekend during a 4th of July barbecue, and finished turning the heel and doing up the heel flap and started on the leg this afternoon while sitting with the knitting group while trading TMI labor and child-rearing stories (always a hazard in any group where there are pregnant women and mothers of children of all ages). I hope no one else was listening too closely.

And now some new fiber-related finds on the net:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with Brainless! I've heard that it's a very difficult pattern from a lot of people. The name is definitely misleading!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online